Tuesday, September 18, 2007

Still Waiting for My Pond

Well, here it is - September - and still no progress. My future pond is still a hole with a rock laying in front of it.

I don't want to blame my "boyfriend." But I am waiting on him. He wanted to be a part of the fun. He works hard. He's a mechanic by night (for school buses) and runs an excavation company by day. Owning your own business is no small matter when you have an excavator loan to pay along with everything else that comes with your business.

No, I'll wait for him... but I'm getting antsy.

In the meantime, all this waiting has allowed me not to jump ahead of myself. It's easy to think that you want your pond a certain way only to find out that you wanted it another way (especially when you see another idea in your neighborhood). Waiting has allowed me to read up on ponds and water gardens.

All the books say it's easy.

In my future posts, I'll share with you what I'm learning.

No comments: